About the Program | Master of Software Engineering
The master of software engineering degree program is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The software engineering program maintains a balance between abstract, theoretical insights and their application. Courses use real-world business projects and scenarios to educate professionals in the latest tools and techniques.
- Advanced Java programming
- .Net and J2EE WWW development frameworks
- Software design and implementation
- Design patterns
- Test-driven development and other agile software development practices
- Software engineering
- Mobile computing
- Software project management
- Online elective course in software security, software requirement management and performance tuning of web applications
Upon completion of the master of software engineering program, graduates are able to:
- Apply sound software engineering principles and methodologies in any software development process regardless of roles they may play as software developers, development leads or software project managers.
- Problem-solve (mostly for business problems) at a higher level using enterprise resources, major Web software development frameworks and sound software design methodologies.
- Be competitive in making sound judgment on any IT issues that are related to software development.
- Meet challenges of a software development process as information technologies advance.
- Be self-motivated and highly effective players in any team environment.