Please complete the form below and an admission counselor will contact you shortly.
About the Dual Certification Program
In Carroll University’s elementary education and special education dual licensure programs, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge to lead learner-centered, inclusive environments, which provide all students access to the educational curriculum.
Inclusive teaching is characterized by:
- Creating environments of belonging
- Promoting relationships that lead to mutual caring
- Approaching learners with an asset perspective that draws on the strengths of students
- Personalizing learning around each student’s strengths and needs
- Implementing curriculum and instruction that includes multiple perspectives and student choice
- Reducing prejudice by confronting negative stereotypes toward dis/ability
- Providing access and opportunity for all students
Dual licensure is an attractive option if you want to pursue a career in elementary education and special education. You’ll be able to complete this program in four years, and this may include participation in the Inclusive Teacher Residency Program. You’ll be placed within inclusive environments that model these seven teaching practices and learn to recognize and respond to the diverse needs of students.
Dually certified candidates gain a broader awareness and understanding of the school structures, processes and community organizations that support students with disabilities. You’ll learn innovative, inclusive and equitable approaches, including effective practices that align with research-based models for pre-service and in-service educators, to meet the& academic, social and emotional needs of all learners.
Learn more about the Education Department at Carroll University.