The large study area of the Learning Commons is available to students when the Carroll Library is open. This space features 50 tables, 195 chairs, 21 rolling white boards and walls painted with whiteboard wall paint. Students are encouraged to create their study space and to make clean-up easy, papertowels, table cleaner and whiteboard cleaner are easily accessible. Laptops, dry erase markers and other support materials are available for checkout from the Academic Resources Desk.
This room features a media:scape which allows up to six students to plug in laptops, iPads, or smartphones and project the screens on one of two monitors to make collaborating easier. Groups of 3-14 students may reserve this space.
The Collaboration Lab features a traditional white board along with an Eno Board, an interactive whiteboard paired with a projector. Groups of 3-14 students may reserve this space.
iMac Project Room
Three to six students can reserve this smaller office space for collaborative projects. The room features a desk, an iMac and a work table for four.
To review the availability of and reserve a collaboration room, please visit LCOnline by clicking on the login button at the bottom of this page. The Studio, Lab or iMac Project room may be reserved by Carroll students in 30-minute increments up to four hours per day of collaborative work during fall and spring semesters. If you are unsure of how to use LCOnline, please download and review the tutorial.
Food and drink are permitted in certain areas of each room—signage is posted with specific directions.
Collaboration Space check in process
- Check in at the Academic Resources Desk in the Learning Commons to gain access to a collaboration room
- At least three members of your group MUST be present at check in
- At least three students must be present in the room during the reservation
- Room reservations are canceled 10 minutes after the reservation starts if the group fails to check in at the Academic Resources Desk
- Respect the space—please leave the room as you found it
- Users who damage the room or equipment will be held responsible and will be charged a replacement fee through the Carroll University Business Office
- User privileges may be revoked at anytime