Carroll University
Admissions > Full-Time Transfers > Apply to Carroll > Transfer Credit Policy

Transfer Credit Policy

Students from a two-year or four-year accredited postsecondary institution may receive transfer credits provided:

  • Transfer courses parallel Carroll University courses or are deemed eligible for elective credit
  • All courses accepted in transfer and applied to graduation hours are graded C or better
  • A maximum of 64 credits may transfer from a two-year institution
  • There is no limit as to the number of credits eligible for transfer from a four-year institution
  • Students must complete their final 32 credits at Carroll, including at least one fourth of their major credits and at least one-fourth of the minor credits

Transfer Credit Will Be Evaluated under the following Provisions:

  • A course in which a student received a grade of D may be used to complete general education curriculum and major or minor requirements, but the credit hours will not count as hours toward graduation. All D and F graded courses normally acceptable for transfer credit will be figured into the calculation of the cumulative grade point average
  • A course in which a student received a D or F grade may be repeated for credit and only the last grade earned will be used in the grade point average calculation
  • Transfer students with an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree with at least 52 hours of acceptable transfer credit will have the writing seminar waived and will meet all GE 1 distribution components in the general education curriculum. In addition, transfer credit may be received for the CCD, GE2 and CCE requirements
  • A student who completes an advanced modern language course with a grade of B or better may be eligible for retroactive credit. See the Modern Language section of the current Catalog for specific information
  • All transfer coursework is evaluated on a course by course basis. General education curriculum requirements must be completed by either transfer or Carroll University credit
  • If a student repeated a course in which s/he initially received a grade of C or better and the repeated course had an unsatisfactory grade (D or F), s/he will receive the last grade earned. The final grade will be used in the grade point average calculation

Transfer Credit Policy after Enrollment at Carroll University

It is necessary to obtain permission from the Carroll University Registrarís Office in order to have coursework from another institution accepted in transfer. All coursework must be graded at C or better to be accepted. Grade point deficiencies at Carroll University cannot be made up with transfer course credit.

 Copyright © 2017 Carroll University, Waukesha, Wisconsin. All rights reserved. Top of Page