HRSA Nursing Workforce Diversity (NWD) Scholarship and Award
Academic Success Program in Nursing (ASPIN)
Carroll University announces the Nursing Scholarship and living expense awards for ten students who meet the economic, education, and diversity criteria listed below. On March 15th (before the upcoming academic year) all accepted Nursing Program applicants will be evaluated for the NWD HRSA ASPIN scholarship and award based on the eligibility criteria listed below. If funds are still available after March 15th, accepted applicants to the nursing program will be evaluated for an ASPIN award.
- Applicants must be enrolled at Carroll University as a pre-licensure, full time student in nursing.
- Applicants must meet one of the following NWD student eligibility criteria:
Racial and Ethnic Minority, underrepresented amount registered nurses
- or -
Economically disadvantaged and educational disadvantaged
- Applicants must live in the Residence Halls at Carroll University.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must be enrolled in courses in the nursing curriculum per their cohort sequence.
- Applicants must meet nursing program admission and progression policies.
- Be a citizen of the United States, or a foreign national who possesses a visa permitting permanent residence in the United States. Individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible participants and may not receive NWD grant support.
The ASPIN NWD Project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number D19HP26970, Nursing Workforce Diversity grant, which provides 100% funding in the amount of $762,535.00, Jul1, 2014-Jun 30, 2017. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.