Financial Aid Process for Part-Time Students
Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Step 1: Submit Your FAFSA
Online at www.fafsa.gov (2 to 3 weeks processing time)
- Apply for an FSA ID: (if you don't already have one)
- Follow the instructions and complete all questions
- Utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool while completing the FAFSA
- Carroll's FAFSA school code is 003838. By including this number on your FAFSA, your results will be sent directly to us
- Print out a copy of your completed FAFSA for your records
- Submit your FAFSA to the Department of Education
Step 2: What to Look for after You File Your FAFSA
Once the Department of Education receives and processes your FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Review this form for accuracy. It does not need to be submitted to Carroll University.
The Financial Aid Office will process your FAFSA and send you a financial aid award.
If you have any special or unusual circumstances, you may submit them in writing to the Financial Aid Office.