Financial Aid Process for Graduate Students
Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Step 1: Submit Your FAFSA
Online at www.fafsa.gov (2 to 3 weeks processing time)
- Apply for an FSA ID: (if you don't already have one)
- Follow the instructions and complete all questions
- Utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool while completing the FAFSA
- Carroll's FAFSA school code is 003838. By including this number on your FAFSA, your results will be sent directly to us
- Print out a copy of your completed FAFSA for your records
- Submit your FAFSA to the Department of Education
Step 2: What to Look for after You File Your FAFSA
Once the Department of Education receives and processes your FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Review this form for accuracy. It does not need to be submitted to Carroll University.
The SAR will show your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculated by the information you provided on the FAFSA. The EFC is the amount determined by the Department of Education and it is the number we use when calculating a financial aid award.
Once we have your FAFSA results and any necessary documentation, you will be sent a financial aid award.