Opportunities outside the classroom
- Our students have participated in the American College Theatre Festival and our shows have been featured events in Milwaukee’s International Arts Festival.
- Students from our program have gained valuable experience directing and assisting productions for local high schools and teaching at First Stage Children’s Theatre Summer Academy.
- Our students regularly participate in, and secure work through, the Wisconsin Theatre Auditions.
- Weekend field trips to Chicago introduces students to the city’s theatre offerings through backstage tours, meetings with Carroll theatre alumni, interviews with photographers, and visits to the Art Institute and theater productions.
Study abroad opportunities
- Theatre students can take advantage of a semester abroad at either the University of Hull or the University of Scarborough in Great Britain. This connection with two of the top-rated theatre training institutions in England will greatly promote a broader cultural and artistic awareness of world theatre, introduce students to a variety of training styles and provide students with a competitive advantage.