Professional Tennis Management Certificate
Students enrolled in Carroll University's Sports and Recreation Administration program have an option to enhance their degree by adding a Professional Tennis Management Certificate from Tyler Junior College in Tyler, Texas.
The Professional Tennis Management Certificate courses train students in teaching tennis, planning programs for tennis facilities, merchandising and operating pro shops and maintaining tennis facilities. Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared for certification testing and will receive the following credentials:
- Bachelor's of Science in Sports and Recreation Management degree from Carroll University
- A Professional Tennis Management Certificate from Tyler Junior College
- United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) Certification
- Only three schools in the country offer a bachelor's degree in Tennis Management.
- Students will spend their first three years at Carroll University. Senior year will be spent at Tyler Junior College in Tyler, Texas - a school with nationally ranked tennis teams and outstanding athletics facilities.
- The Program Director at Tyler Junior College, Kimm Ketelsen, is a certified teaching member of the United States Professional Tennis Association. Kimm has 25 years of experience as a director of tennis, was the assistant coach for the University of Texas-Austin's Women's Tennis Team (National Champions in 1995) and is a two-time NAIA All-American.
- The Professional Tennis Management Program exposes students to some of the top tennis teaching professionals through programs from such groups as:
- PTM Facebook Page
- United States Professional Tennis Association
- Professional Tennis Registry
- United States Racquet Stringers' Association
- United States Umpires' Association
- National Tennis Rating Program
- Country Clubs
- Racket Clubs
- Parks & Recreation
Tennis instructors average between $10 and $17 per hour, while tennis professionals annual salaries range from $31,000 to $61,550.
Careers for those who complete the certification include:
- Teaching Pro
- Program Director
- Facility Director