To view past successful Pioneer Scholar/Mentor applications, log onto my.carrollu.edu. Select the Campus Groups tab and go to Browse Groups and join the Sample Pioneer Scholars Program Applications group.
- The application is to be submitted electronically by Friday, March 6, 2015, at 5 p.m. The application should be submitted electronically by clicking the "Submit by e-mail" button at the bottom of the application form.
- The applications will be evaluated by a faculty committee, and notification to the applicant teams will be made by by Friday, March 27, 2015, via email.
Expectations of Pioneer Scholars and Faculty Mentors:
- The majority of the scholarly activities must be completed during summer 2015.
- All student/faculty teams will be required to participate in an orientation meeting and Celebrating Success event on April 21, 2015, and an end-of-summer meeting in August 2015, at which plans and results of the scholarly/creative projects will be shared and student learning assessed. In addition, group meetings between smaller numbers of teams will occur monthly between June and August.
- The faculty member and student are expected to meet regularly over the summer to assess progress and modify the project as necessary. On average, Pioneer scholars and their mentors see each other roughly 5-7 hours per week.
- All student/faculty teams who receive funding are required to prepare an oral presentation for Celebrate Carroll in spring 2016.
- All scholars/faculty mentors will be required to complete an online survey assessing their experiences and to participate in facilitated discussions.
Please refer questions to the Honors Center at email@example.com.