Carroll University
[photo] Main Hall
Program Home
About the Program
Academic Progression
Technical Standards
Online Catalog
Four-Year Plans
Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to Common Nursing Program Questions

  1. What classes should I take in High School?
    You should take biology, chemistry and at least high school algebra II. All of these courses should have grades of C or better. If you take more than this, it can be helpful.
  2. Do I need to apply to the Nursing Program in my junior year?
    No, once you apply to and are accepted to the Nursing Program, you are in. But, you must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher each term and earn at least a grade of 'BC' or better in all your nursing and health science courses.
  3. What must I study while I am at Carroll University?
    You will take courses from the liberal studies program as well as courses from [photo] nursing studentschemistry, biology, health sciences and nursing.






  1. Is there a student nursing club on campus?[photo] nursing club
    Yes, Carroll has a student nursing organization that is a part of the National Student Nursing Association. Carroll's student organization is called Student Nursing Association (SNA) and is active within the community in various capacities.
  2. Does Carroll University have a chapter of the nursing honor society?
    Yes, Carroll's chapter is within Sigma Theta Tau International, Tau Mu. [photo] honor societyStudents are nominated for membership based on their class standing, GPA and overall commitment to nursing.


 Copyright © 2014 Carroll University, Waukesha, Wisconsin. All rights reserved. Top of Page