Answers to Common Nursing Program Questions
- What classes should I take in High School?
You should take biology, chemistry and at least high school algebra II. All of these courses should have grades of C or better. If you take more than this, it can be helpful.
- Do I need to apply to the Nursing Program in my junior year?
No, once you apply to and are accepted to the Nursing Program, you are in. But, you must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher each term and earn at least a grade of 'BC' or better in all your nursing and health science courses.
- What must I study while I am at Carroll University?
You will take courses from the liberal studies program as well as courses from chemistry, biology, health sciences and nursing.
- Is there a student nursing club on campus?
Yes, Carroll has a student nursing organization that is a part of the National Student Nursing Association. Carroll's student organization is called Student Nursing Association (SNA) and is active within the community in various capacities.
- Does Carroll University have a chapter of the nursing honor society?
Yes, Carroll's chapter is within Sigma Theta Tau International, Tau Mu. Students are nominated for membership based on their class standing, GPA and overall commitment to nursing.