Description: The Pickering Graduate Foreign Affairs Fellowship is funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation. The Department of State seeks a Foreign Service that represents America in world affairs with citizens who reflect the diversity and excellence of our society. The program seeks to recruit talented students in academic programs relevant to international affairs, political and economic analysis, administration, management and science policy. The goal is to attract outstanding students from all ethnic, racial and social backgrounds who have an interest in pursuing a Foreign Service career in the U.S. Department of State. The fellowship develops a source of trained men and women from academic disciplines representing the skill needs of the Department who are dedicated to representing America's interests abroad. Each successful candidate is obligated to a minimum of three years of service in an appointment as a Foreign Service officer.
The goal of the fellowship program is to attract outstanding students who enroll in two-year master's degree programs in public policy, international affairs, public administration, or academic fields such as business, economics, political science, sociology, or foreign languages, who represent all ethnic, racial and social backgrounds and who have an interest in pursuing a Foreign Service career in the U.S. Department of State.
- Public Relations
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Politics and Global Studies
- Business Administration and Economics
- Full tuition, room, board, and mandatory fees for the first and second year of graduate study
- Reimbursement for books
- Reimbursement for one round-trip travel
- Graduate-level fellows receive stipends during participation in one domestic summer internship between the first and second year of graduate school and one summer overseas internship following the second year of graduate school
Thomas R. Pickering Applicant Requirements:
- U.S. citizenship
- 3.2 GPA or higher
Requirement Upon Acceptance:
- Fellows must maintain a 3.2 GPA
- There are many program components required for Thomas R. Pickering Fellows
- Online application
- To file an application, you must register as a user of the secure Woodrow Wilson Web site https://www.woodrow.org/users/login.php
- There is no filing or registration fee.
- After registering, select “Apply for Fellowship," then choose “Pickering Graduate Foreign Affairs Fellowship" and follow the instructions given.
- Application should include:
- Certification of U.S. citizenship: copy of U.S. passport, birth certificate, or U.S. citizen naturalization papers
- Copy of GRE scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official academic transcripts from every undergraduate school attended
- Two page resumé
Deadline: Febuary 7, 2011
Carroll Campus Representative:
Office: Voorhees #309
Campus Phone: 262.951.3025