Music Program at Carroll University
Carroll University, Wisconsin's first college, has a long and celebrated musical history. Music has been part of its curriculum for more than 100 years, and its many diverse ensembles have been offering Carroll students opportunities for artistic expression and cultural enrichment since 1923.
Music Program Mission Statement
The music program at Carroll University seeks to provide instruction and high quality musical experiences to music majors and non-majors, and provide opportunities for Carroll and the larger community to experience high-caliber musical performances. We seek to develop graduates with exemplary musical skill and a strong body of knowledge suited to each individual's musical and/or career interests through rigorous training in musicianship and theory, private instruction on individual instruments and voice, and a diversity of courses in various genres, styles, and approaches to professional music-making.
Music Department Goals
- Foster conceptual understanding of musical components and processes
- Provide opportunities for continued practice in creating, interpreting, presenting, analyzing, and evaluating music
- Develop increased understanding of musical achievements from various analytical, historical, and cultural perspectives
- Develop enhanced capacities to integrate musical knowledge and skills
- Foster a set of capabilities for independent work in the music professions
Learn more about joining the program as a music major >>
Learn more about participating in music as a non-major >>
To help students attend Carroll and participate in music activities at Carroll, the music department offers music scholarships to qualified full-time freshmen ranging up to $12,000 over four years in the vocal, wind, string, percussion and keyboard areas.
Scholarship auditions for incoming freshmen are held in February for entry in the fall. No entrance audition or placement exam is required for initial entry into the music program.
Upcoming Music Events
View the complete Music events calendar >>