About the Graphic Communication Program
Graphic Design Emphasis
Using artistic and marketing skills in a technological setting as a commercial graphic designer, webpage designer, desktop publishing professional. Students with this emphasis might also consider a second major or minor in business, art or communication.
Design Management Emphasis
Evolving graphic communication skills into graphic design management positions or starting a company. Students with this emphasis also might consider a second major or a minor in business.
Digital Video Production Emphasis
This emphasis provides students with the skill sets and knowledge to pursue a career in video, television or filmmaking industries. Due to the breadth of this emphasis, students will not only be competent in digital filmmaking, but also have the knowledge base of graphic design, lighting, film editing, audio editing and computer graphics for onscreen and animation.
Web Design Emphasis
Developing graphics and flash animation for the World Wide Web. Students with this major also might major or minor in computer science.
Print Management Emphasis
Applying graphical skills in the printing industry based on the actual operation of print presses, as well as design, management, and business concepts and skills. This is a collaborative effort with Waukesha County Technical College.
Two Minors Offered
Minor in graphic design and a minor in Web design. Students who are not graphic communication majors can learn the skills to produce digital projects for print, Web and multimedia. Students majoring in business, marketing, education or art might find either graphic communication minor beneficial to support their skill set.
Recent Internship Sites
Quad/Graphics, Comstar LLC, GE, Seimens, Make a Wish Foundation, Reader's Digest, Milwaukee Admirals, Color Ink, Kohl's.
- Students receiving work/study as part of their financial aid package might be offered employment with Carroll in a graphics-oriented department.
- The Advisory Board, industry leaders and Carroll alumni ensure the program and students remain current with domestic and international trends and advancements.
- Carroll's computer labs have state-of-the-art hardware, software and peripheral devices to
- enhance the learning experience.
- Students receive personalized student advising by a faculty member.
- Carroll University's location ensures numerous social, cultural, internship and career networking opportunities.
Outstanding career placements of recent graduates include graphic artists, media director, graphic writer/developer, www creator/designer, desktop publisher, technical writer, and electronic publication specialist.