About the Global Studies Program
What Can I Study?
Interdisciplinary in nature, global studies includes courses in contemporary global politics, economics, religious studies, history and environmental science just to name a few. If you major in global studies, you can easily major or minor in a modern language, history, business, or area studies (such as European Studies).
Here's an example of one of the courses we offer:
POL321 International Security and Conflict (w/ Simulation)
- Course simulation done in conjunction Pax Ludens, a Dutch educational group that has carried out simulation exercises with several European universities as well as the Dutch Defense Academy.
- Students are assigned to a country team, play various roles, and solve problems related to a real world conflict.
High Impact Learning Opportunities
Global Studies students are encouraged to study abroad for a semester, summer, or even a full academic year. Recent majors have spent an entire year studying abroad at Aberystwyth University in Wales and the University of Marburg in Germany. Check out all the study abroad opportunities at Carroll University.
Our students have had internships with legislators' offices, , local, state and federal government agencies, non-profit organizations:
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Sierra Club of Wisconsin
- International Institute of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin World Trade Center
- American Red Cross
What Can I Do With A Global Studies Major?
Our Global Studies majors have been successful in placing into graduate school or professional schools, or enter careers in wide range of fields, including federal, state, or local government, non-profit management, business, journalism, and politics.
Recent Alumni Placement
- Marquette University School of Law
- DePaul University School of Law
- American University, Masters in Public Affairs (Washington, DC)
- City Year program
- United Community Center