- Carroll's European Studies major and minor invites students to see Europe as a dynamic laboratory in which to explore contemporary social, political and economic issues.
- The interdisciplinary major prepares students for a variety of opportunities in an increasingly international professional community.
- A personalized, flexible curriculum make European studies an ideal second major or minor for students in pre-professional programs.
- Study abroad and language competency programs challenge students to develop life-long skills.
EUROPEAN STUDIES PREPARES STUDENTS FOR:
- Global business
- Graduate work in U.S. or Europe
- The non-profit sector
- International education
- The European studies major provides meaningful preparation for living and working in a global environment.
- A graduate with this major will have gained valuable insight into the culture of another region of the world. Such understanding is crucial to anyone interested in international business or law.
- The curriculum allows students to understand the interrelated aspects of the shared history and
culture of Europe in an explicitly interdisciplinary framework.
- Knowledge from numerous disciplines provides a sophisticated understanding of Europe and the world.
- The major requires and supports study in Europe, and helps students transfer credits back to satisfy major requirements.
- Experienced and well-traveled faculty in history, politics, modern languages and the arts offer one-on-one mentoring.
Internships interdisciplinary program, European Studies is supported by faculty members across Carroll campus.
Kimberly A. Redding