Faculty are nationally recognized for their scholarship and teaching excellence.
- Students regularly present at regional and national academic conferences.
- Students build their resumes and skills by working in on- and off-campus internships.
- We foster a vibrant community in which students publish and present in venues that extend beyond the classroom, including the New Perspective, the student newspaper; Century, the college art and literary journal; and local open mic nights.
- We sponsor a variety of cultural events such as The Distinguished Visiting Author series, the Wisconsin Book Festival and the United Nations film festival.
- Students participate in small discussion and workshop-based classes.
- Students complete a program of study that provides both a strong foundation in literature and writing, and opportunities to focus on special areas of interest.
- Courses range from Native American Literature to Science Fiction, great author studies including Shakespeare and Toni Morrison, and electives covering the Victorian period, film studies, post-colonial literature or creative writing.
- Students participate in a senior capstone experience in which they, working closely with faculty, complete a sustained scholarly or creative project.
- The program offers a number of courses in writing that allow students to develop their creative capacities as majors in English.
YOUR FUTURE - WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH AN ENGLISH MAJOR
- Our majors pursue careers in:
- International and domestic education
- Non-profit management
- And more!
- Our majors serve in organizations such as:
- Peace Corps
- Public Allies
- And many other leading public and private sector organizations
- Our majors attend graduate and professional schools in:
- Business administration
- Health science
- Library science
- And more!
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Have questions about a course or what to study? Contact us at email@example.com or go to http://www.carrollu.edu/programs/english/ for more ideas about how an English major can prepare you for life beyond college.