English and Writing Program
Carroll University's English and Writing program teaches the critical and creative reading, writing and thinking skills that inform understanding on a deeper level. Students are provided with a body of knowledge about literature and other representations, leading them to recognize the interrelationships among ideas.
Learning Outcomes for English and Writing
Students graduating with a degree in English and Writing will be able to
- Develop strategies for originating and answering questions about literature.
- Use language specific to the discourses of poetry, drama, fiction and nonfiction.
- Analyze and respond critically to texts using research and bibliographic materials appropriate to the discipline.
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize and organize ideas.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a writing process that includes reading, research, drafting, editing, and revising, and be able to analyze that process in their own writing and the writing of others.
Learn more about Carroll University's English and Writing program >>
Related Areas and Links