Carroll University
Main Hall
Program Home
About the Program
Areas of Study
Online Catalog
Four-Year Plans
Three-Year Plans
Additional Licensure

Thank you for your inquiry regarding a new licensure area. The rules regarding teaching licensure in Wisconsin changed in August 2004. Licensed teachers will retain their current license and have the option of renewing it or developing a professional development plan (PDP) under the new licensing rules.

The following items give you a basic outline of the requirements for seeking additional licensure through Carroll University:

  • Complete requirements for admission to the university.
  • Complete Additional Licensure Candidate application form.
  • Submit a copy of your current teaching license and official transcript.
  • Complete any necessary courses with 2.75 GPA or better in the license field to receive endorsement from the academic department of the major or minor for certification and earn a "C" or better in all relevant courses (Requirements for #316 license require a minimum of "B" or better in relevant courses.).
  • Take the appropriate PRAXIS II content test.
  • Provide a portfolio to demonstrate knowledge, skills and dispositions as required by the 10 Wisconsin Teaching Standards.
  • Complete a teaching practicum in the licensure area. Consideration for placements will be made on an individual basis.
  • Upon completion of all the requirements, submit your application for licensure with the appropriate fee to the Education Office at Carroll University to obtain a recommendation for the new license.

Please access additional information at
If you need additional clarification, contact Kim Hofkamp, director of clinical experience, or Kay Maedke, director of education advising, at Carroll University.

 Copyright © 2014 Carroll University, Waukesha, Wisconsin. All rights reserved. Top of Page