The Education Program at Carroll University endeavors to prepare culturally sensitive teachers capable of creating and implementing an interdisciplinary curriculum that is multicultural at its base. We educate students about the importance of reflection in the teaching process and the role of student as facilitator of his/her own understanding. The combination of a strong liberal arts background with scholarly application of theory, methods and skills related to learning is integral to the Education Program.
Small class sizes, relevant content and individualized advising, plus a variety of classroom observational and student teaching experiences will enhance the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare teachers in their chosen licensure area. Carroll has a rich tradition of teaching excellence, and the exceptional quality of our teacher education program is recognized by teachers and administrators in area schools.
Most students finish their programs within four years. Options to complete additional licensure to enhance employment opportunities are available and may be included in an individualized program plan of course work.
- Areas of Licensures
- Elementary Education Major
- Elementary Education Major with Special Education Dual Licensure
- Elementary Educational Studies Major
- DPI-Approved Teaching Minors/Elementary
- Adaptive Education Minor
- Early Childhood Education Minor
- Secondary Education Minor
- DPI- Approved Teaching Minors/Secondary
- Middle Childhood through Early Adolescence Minors