- The Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) Program is a joint program between Carroll University and Aurora Health Care.
CARROLL UNIVERSITY CURRICULUM
- Students will spend two years at Carroll University taking general education courses and core courses in the health sciences curriculum.
- Students benefit from the small, private school setting, a strong liberal arts education and personal and professional advising.
- Students are required to obtain their CNA license and have 100 hours of patient contact in a hospital or nursing home setting.
AURORA SCHOOL OF DMS CURRICULUM
- Students will spend two years at Aurora's School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and in Aurora's clinical sites.
- Two tracks of study in sonography are available: general and vascular as well as cardiac and vascular.
- Students will earn a certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography and also a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Sciences with an emphasis in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- The diagnostic medical sonographer is an individual qualified by credentialing and academic
and clinical experience to provide diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound and related
diagnostic procedures. In addition, diagnostic medical sonographers prepare patients, keep
accurate patient records and operate, adjust and maintain equipment.
- A Bachelor of Science degree enables the diagnostic medical sonographer to have more
career options such as becoming a supervisor, moving into education, or working for a company that manufactures diagnostic imaging equipment.