- Majors in chemistry and biochemistry are available.
- Several emphases are offered, including:
- ACS (American Chemical Society) approved: This program is suited for students planning on graduate work or industrial employment.
- Pre-health science/professional: This program is suited for students planning to pursue professional work in an allied health field such as medicine, dentistry, optometry, or veterinary science, or pursue an industrial career.
- Forensic science: This multidisciplinary program is designed to train students in the analysis of physical and chemical case evidence and the associated legal implications.
- Pre-pharmacy: This program is designed to prepare students for admission to a pharmacy program.
- Courses are offered in the basic areas of inorganic, organic, analytical, physical and biochemistry.
- The program is approved by the Committee on Professional Training of the American Chemical Society.
- Outstanding chemistry career placement at top companies, including Sigma-Aldrich Chemical Co., Dow Chemical Co., Upjohn, Abbott Laboratories and Wisconsin Crime Lab.
- New 3 + 4 PharmD partnership with Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in North Chicago, Ill.
INTERNSHIP AND RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
- Carroll’s location near Milwaukee ensures numerous internship opportunities. Examples of internships include:
- Brady Corporation • Bostik-Findlay • Essential Industries
- Sigma-Aldrich Corp. • S.C. Johnson • Hydrite Chemical
- On- and off-campus research opportunities are available during academic years and summers, including the Pioneer Scholars Program and Thronson International Research Program.
- Modern scientific instrumentation is incorporated into all courses.
- Faculty are exceptional and have diverse specialties.
- The student affiliate chapter of the American Chemical Society hosts guest lecturers and field trips, and provides student mentoring.
- Students can present research projects at regional and national American Chemical Society meetings.
- There is ample opportunity for interaction with professors and students in class and in the laboratory.
RECENT GRADUATE SCHOOL LOCATIONS
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Connecticut, University of Minnesota, Columbia University, University of Chicago, Bowling Green University, Arkansas State University, University of Colorado-Boulder, Ohio State University.
RECENT CAREER OUTCOMES
- Positions held by recent graduates have included:
- Researcher, Argonne National Laboratory
- President, chemical company
- Senior manager/team leader, Pfizer Chemical
- Research associate, Covance Labs
- Director, GlaxoSmithKline
- Associate scientist, PPD, Inc.