A poster presentation is the presentation of research findings by an individual or small group at an academic conference such as Celebrate Carroll.
- At Celebrate Carroll, we ask all poster presenters to set up their posters by 11 a.m. on Wednesday and leave the poster up for the entire afternoon; each individual will be assigned a one-hour timeframe during which s/he is expected to stand beside the poster to engage in a discussion with attendees.
- All poster presentations are set up in the Campus Center Stackner Ballroom and Campus Center MacAllister Boardroom.
- A Poster presentation at Celebrate Carroll usually consists of attaching (with binder clips) the research poster to a support board and set on an easel. The Carroll Scholars Center provides the support board and easel; presenters must provide their posters.
Types of Posters
We allow two types of poster presentations at Celebrate Carroll, but we encourage presenters to have their posters printed professionally.
- Pre-printed poster: Posters can be printed by Carroll University Campus Support Services Duplication or an off campus printing company. The cost of poster printing is covered by the individual.
- Handmade poster: Posters are usually made by the individual and research information is typically pasted directly to the tri fold poster board. The poster board is provided by the individual.
Posters can be any size and made of any material. We encourage presenters to have their posters printed professionally and the size of the poster to be 48"(w) and 36"(h). This is not a requirement, just a suggestion so that the pre-printed posters fit on our provided boards and easels.
Campus Support Services Duplication can print posters of various sizes with various kinds of paper. Contact Linda Abel (firstname.lastname@example.org or 262.524.7232) for more information and pricing. Poster printing will be limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here for details.
Setup and Takedown
- Posters are to be put up on:
- Wednesday, April 23, between 7:30-11 a.m.
- Posters stay up all day for visitors to view.
- Posters must be taken down between:
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 23
- If posters are left behind, they will be disposed of at 5:30 p.m. Please plan accordingly.
- We will have a very limited supply of binder clips and Velcro strips available to help facilitate poster setup.
- Presenters will be scheduled to stand by their poster for one hour and engage with attendees in discussion.
- Dress and present yourself professionally.
- Prepare and organize your ideas and information ahead of time.
- Be prepared to answer questions in a way that will make sense to someone who doesn't know about your discipline.
- Arrive to your poster a few minutes early. We want to keep each of the sessions on time.
- Be confident and enjoy presenting your information.