About the Biochemistry Program
Majors in chemistry and biochemistry are available.
Several emphases are offered, including:
- ACS (American Chemical Society) approved: This program is suited for students planning on graduate work or industrial employment.
- Pre-health science/professional: This program is suited for students planning to pursue professional work in an allied health field such as medicine, dentistry, optometry, or veterinary science, or pursue an industrial career.
- Pre-pharmacy: This program is designed to prepare students for admission to a pharmacy program.
Courses are offered in the basic areas of inorganic, organic, analytical, physical and biochemistry.
The program is approved by the Committee on Professional Training of the American Chemical Society.
Outstanding chemistry career placement at top companies, including Sigma-Aldrich Chemical Co., Dow Chemical Co., Upjohn, Abbott Laboratories and Wisconsin Crime Lab.
New 3 + 4 PharmD partnership with Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in North Chicago.
Carroll's location near Milwaukee ensures numerous internship opportunities. Examples of internships include:
- Brady Corporation
- Essential Industries
- Sigma-Aldrich Corp.
- S.C. Johnson
- Hydrite Chemical
On- and off-campus research opportunities are available during academic years and summers, including the Pioneer Scholars Program and the CREATE Program.
- Modern scientific instrumentation is incorporated into all courses.
- Faculty are exceptional and have diverse specialties.
- The student affiliate chapter of the American Chemical Society hosts guest lecturers and field trips, and provides student mentoring.
- Students can present research projects at regional and national American Chemical Society meetings.
- There is ample opportunity for interaction with professors and students in class and in the laboratory.
Recent Graduate School Locations
University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Connecticut, University of Minnesota, Columbia University, University of Chicago, Bowling Green University, Arkansas State University, University of Colorado-Boulder, Ohio State University.
Health Science Bound Initiative
At Carroll University, students interested in a career in health care receive an advantage - our Health Sciences Bound Initiative. Gain access to a team of experienced health sciences academic advisors, activities and experiences that advance your learning in the classroom and in some cases, early admission into select graduate programs. Learn more >>