The Accounting program provides superior educational opportunities that increase students' professional effectiveness and career success in complex business environments. Carroll University offers three options for students interested in preparing for a position of leadership and responsibility in accounting, whether it is in the public, private or governmental sectors of our economy.
Designed for students wishing to complete an accounting major that will enable them, upon graduation, to obtain a position in a corporate or not-for-profit organization.
Accounting Major / CPA
Designed for students interested in obtaining a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation. The CPA designation requires the completion of 150 credit hours. Students wishing to meet the requirements to "sit" for the CPA exam can do so in four years by following a specified curriculum. Through careful planning additional competencies can be gained that will allow the student to consider other certifications.
Accounting major / CPA / MBA
Designed for students wishing to major in accounting, obtain the CPA designation, and complete the MBA program within a four year period.
Learning Outcomes for Accounting
- Define and describe business-related terminology and concepts
- Solve complex business problems using appropriate tools and techniques
- Formulate accounting policies and strategies and evaluate their effectiveness
- Integrate global considerations in accounting decisions
- Demonstrate multiple effective communication skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate appropriate habits, behaviors and attitudes in professional situations
<< More Business, Accounting, and Economics programs at Carroll University