Aviation Science Minor at Carroll University
With Carroll University's new aviation science minor, you can prepare for careers in general and professional aviation while pursuing any existing degree area here at Carroll.
You'll study aviation history, aeronautical science, governmental regulations and even meteorology as you learn what it takes to fly a plane. Regardless of your major, the critical thinking skills and self-confidence you'll develop in flight school will pay off throughout your life. Through this program, you'll have opportunities to complete pilot certification training at the recreational, private and commercial levels.
This program is offered through a partnership between Carroll University and Spring City Aviation at the Waukesha County Airport.
About the Program
- Classroom instruction in both introductory and advanced aviation science will take place at Carroll University on campus.
- Take basic and advanced flight instruction in laboratory classes at Waukesha County Airport.
- Following your studies, you'll have the opportunity to complete pilot certification training at the recreational, private or commercial level.
- Get practical experience in internship opportunities in general aviation.
Aviation Science Career Opportunities
These are just a few of the occupations available in aviation:
- Commercial pilot
- Private pilot
- Helicopter pilot
- Military pilot
- Airport management
- Air traffic controller
- Aviation attorney
- Aviation mechanic
- Flight physician
Aviation Science Entry Requirements
- U.S. citizen
- Carroll enrollment
- English proficiency
- TSA and Homeland Security clearance
- Carroll University program interview
- Completion of Class III medical requirements