Call for Artists
Deadline: November 15, 2014
Carroll University, Waukesha WI
Carroll University seeks a public artist who is experienced with community collaborations to lead in the creation and installation of a community-based, temporary, public sculpture in summer 2015 on the Carroll University Campus in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
The artist will be responsible for communicating with faculty and other participants, guiding all phases of the work with help from Carroll faculty, interacting with community groups, fostering group ideas and consensus, giving a community presentation and ultimately orchestrating and finalizing artistic decisions for the sculpture. The artist should plan to be on-site for 2 weeks beginning approximately in June, 2015. Dates are somewhat flexible. Housing, board and travel provided up to $1,500. Priority will be given to sculptors who work with natural, local materials and/or work with environmental themes that raise awareness of environmental issues and call attention to local habitat.
- Experienced outdoor installation artist
- Experience with community collaboration
- Ability to plan work with input from community members
- Enthusiastic about working with all ages
- The ability to communicate and plan efficiently
Artist Stipend: $5000.00
- Application Deadline: November 15, 2014
- Artist selection: January 15, 2015
All artists will be contacted regarding the selection decision
- Planning and Community outreach: January/March 2015
- Residency and community participation: June 2015
- Unveiling: June 2015
Dates subject to minor changes
Duration of Sculpture: Sculpture should remain up and stable through mid-September 2015, possibility for a longer duration, depending on the project.
* Please email 10-20 images of your work directly to email@example.com after submitting this registration form.
Thank you for your application
Contact Sara Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.