- Three tracks are offered for students interested in pursuing a position in public, private or government sectors.
- Track 1 is for students wishing to obtain a position in a corporate or not-for-profit organization.
- Track 2 is for students wanting to meet the state requirement of 150 credit hours for obtaining a certified public accountant designation as preparation for a position in the public, private or government sector. This track can be completed in four years, not the traditional five-year period.
- Track 3 allows students to complete the 150 credit hours of course work necessary to sit for the CPA exam while earning BS and MBA degrees in five years.
- Outstanding certified public accountant exam first-time pass rate of 30-50 percent.
- Carroll University has consistently had one of the highest pass rates on the CPA exam in Wisconsin.
- CIA-Certified Internal Auditor
- CMA-Certified Management Accountant
- CFM-Certified Financial Manager
- CFE-Certified Fraud Examiner
- Faculty are professional accountants and current practitioners.
- Students can participate in national student chapters of the Institute of the Management
Accountants (IMA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Students receive personalized advising by a department faculty member.
- Small class sizes allow for close contact between students and professors.
- Professors teach all classes; there are no teaching assistants.
- Carroll's location ensures numerous social, cultural and career networking opportunities.
- CPA firm
- Personal finance
- Financial executive
- Operations executive
- Federal government (IRS, FBI)
- State and local government
- School districts
- Graduate school/law school
Carroll University, established in 1846, is Wisconsin's oldest college. Today, Carroll is a premier private, four-year, co-educational, comprehensive university with more than 2500 full-time undergraduate students and more than 60 areas of study. Carroll is situated on 50 picturesque acres in Waukesha, Wis. Carroll's location, at the doorstep of Milwaukee and within 100 miles of Madison, Wis., and Chicago, Ill., provides an abundance of top internship, clinical and student teaching placements, and vibrant cultural and social opportunities.
Internship Site Examples
- Miller Brewing Company
- The Medical College of Wisconsin
- Cooper Power Systems
- KRAFT Foods
- Associated Bank
- M & I Bank
- Virchow Krause
- Freyberg-Hinkle CPA
For more information contact: Jeff Kunz, Director of Accounting Internships