ABOUT THE INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM
The English instruction you receive from Carroll University will prepare you for using English in academic as well as professional contexts. Students will also gain experience in practicing English in different everyday realworld settings. We use current materials and communicative
techniques, which will get our students speaking and using the English language right away. Our staff is committed to working with international students to help them find the language learning level that is most appropriate for their needs, and working closely with students to help them set and achieve their language learning goals.
Students in Carroll University's Intensive English Program can expect to:
- Speak English more fluently in formal and informal settings;
- Build listening and comprehension skills, enabling
them to better understand and participate in university level lectures;
- Write effective academic papers and essays;
- Refine oral communication skills and pronunciation to be better understood;
- Actively practice using English appropriately in various social contexts.
The Intensive English Program at Carroll University is flexible in nature, assessing the needs of the international students we serve, and placing them accordingly. Students entering the program might be placed in a fulltime intensive English course of study (20 instructional hours per week), or placed in a combination of university-level academic courses, in conjunction with some intensive English language study.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Carroll University, Office of International Education
- Carroll offers the benefit of a warm and welcoming environment, where students are known and nurtured.
- There are many opportunities for students to mix with faculty and other students from around the world, extending their learning community beyond classroom walls.
- Carroll is a safe campus environment.
- Students will live on campus and have full access to all university facilities.
- Students will be able to participate in the academic community, with many extracurricular opportunities, including athletics, theater, musical performances
and guest lecturers, along with many organizations and clubs in which students can get involved.
- International students will feel well cared for and part of our Carroll University family from the moment they arrive.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete and submit a Carroll UniversityInternational Application Form found at: http://www.carrollu.edu/programs/OIE/
- No T.O.E.F.L testing necessary for admission.
- Transcripts (for all years of high school and any university work) are required only for those students who might choose to pursue undergraduate
academic coursework in addition to the Intensive English Program at Carroll University.