"I learned things you wouldn't be able to learn in a classroom - the connection between culture, language,
history, the past and the modern world. Most of all, I learned about myself."
- Amber Yost '03, Wales
The Office of International Education (OIE) partners with students, faculty, staff and the broader community to create a vibrant campus environment in which international perspectives and multicultural understanding are actively integrated into curricular and co-curricular life. Using the institution's four pillars as a platform, the office provides campus members with opportunities to expand their international awareness, to explore their relationships to the world, and to become responsible global citizens. The means of accomplishing the office mission include:
- Working with faculty and administration to support their international efforts in and out of the classroom.
- Creating campus-wide co-curricular opportunities for cross-cultural interaction and learning.
- Establishing and maintaining linkages and partnerships with overseas institutions.
- Recruiting quality undergraduate and graduate international students.
- Providing individual advising, pre-departure orientation and re-entry assistance for study abroad participants.
- Providing orientation, adjustment assistance, advising and advocacy for students from other countries.
Office of International Education
1st Floor, A. Paul Jones Scholars Hall
120 Wright Street
Director of International Education
- Campus Internationalization
- International Partnerships
- Program Development
- Immigration Advising
- Intensive English Program (ESL)
- International Faculty-led (NCEP, CCS300) Course Development
Jeannie M. Burns
Assistant Director of International Education
- Semester, Summer, or Academic Year Study Abroad Program Advising
- Accepted and Current International Student Advising
- Exchange Student Admission and Advising
- CCE Student Award Coordination
Alexandra K. Jones
International Recruitment & Admissions Advisor
- International Undergraduate and Graduate Admission
- Intensive English Language (ESL) Admission
- International Student Recruitment
- International Summer Programs
Cross Cultural Experiences (CCE) Coordinator
- Faculty-led (NCEP, CCS300, etc.) program advising, promotion and support
- Faculty-supported courses, non-credit bearing experiences, and internship program advising
- General Office Inquiries
- Meeting requests