WAUKESHA, WIS.— The Carroll Academy is offering summer classes for students of all ages. Classes and camps for youth entering grades K-12 run for eight weeks from June 14-Aug. 6. Adult classes, including pharmacy technician, medical billing and coding, and medical assistant administration, are offered throughout the summer. Private music lessons are offered for ages 4.5-adult. Tutoring is available in most subject areas for children and adults.
Offerings include classes in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), art, creative writing, reading, theater, music, languages, and others. Several athletics camps are sponsored by the Carroll University Athletics Department.
- Visual arts: art and science (grades 4K-2), clay/ceramics, photography, digital photography, gallery prep and exhibit, senior portrait photography, cartooning, and drawing and painting.
- STEM: science (Stream Ecology, Young Scientists, Body Discovery, Who Wants to Have a Career in Health Care?, Careers in Health Care, art and science), technology (Create Your Own Home Page, Computer Illustration and Photoshop, Digital Imaging), engineering (Radio Production and Hosting), math (Mathbusters).
- Music: private music lessons in piano, voice, and violin; beginning sight singing, and musicianship classes.
- Theater: "The Pirates of Penzance" Master Class (grades 7-12), "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" (grades 3-6), Carroll Academy Traveling Players (grades 5-8), and Set Making (grades 3-6 and 7-12).
- Languages, Reading and Writing: Mandarin Chinese, French, Spanish, creative writing, high school writers, college English preparation, reading, and tutoring in many languages.
- Athletics: boys basketball, girls basketball, girls and boys soccer, boys and girls volleyball, youth football, high school team camps in football, basketball and volleyball.
The Carroll Academy also offers supervised activities for children who need early dropoff, lunch and late pickup options. For class and camp information, go to www.carrollu.edu. Click on Community and Carroll Academy. Registration, consent/waiver, tutoring and music lesson request forms may be printed off the Web site and sent via mail to complete the registration process.
Summer brochures are available on request. Contact the Carroll Academy office, 262.524.7190 or 100 N. East Avenue, Waukesha, WI 53186.