Carroll Academy offers summer classes
June 6, 2013
WAUKESHA, WIS.— The Carroll Academy is offering educational and enriching summer classes for students of all ages. Classes and camps for youths in grades K-12 run for nine weeks, June 10 through Aug. 9. Private music lessons for ages 3-adult and tutoring in most subject areas are available for children and adults throughout the summer.
Classes are offered in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), art, music, languages, reading, writing and theater. Several athletics camps are offered, sponsored by the Carroll University Athletics Department. Offerings include:
• STEM: science (Young Scientists, Environmental Science: Gardening and Composting), technology (Create Your Own Home Page, Computer Illustration and Photoshop, Interactive Computer Game Development, Website Development), engineering (Radio Production and Hosting) and math (Mathbusters).
• Arts: cartooning, clay/ceramics, drawing/painting, digital photography and jewelry.
• Music: private lessons in piano, voice, strings; sight singing, musicianship classes.
• Languages, Reading and Writing: Young Writers Inspirational Journey (creative writing), high school writers, college English preparation, reading, braille, and tutoring in many languages.
• Theater: “The Wizard of Oz.” Auditions for children in grades 3-6 to portray Munchkins will be at noon, Saturday, June 15, in Otteson Theatre. “Knights of the Round Table” class is full, but community members may attend the free performance on Saturday, July 27, at 1 p.m. in Otteson Theatre. Intro to Acting, Improv, Forensics and Set Making.
• Athletics: boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls volleyball, specialty camps, youth baseball and youth football.
The academy also offers supervised activities/lunch for children who require early drop-off, lunch and late pickup.
For class and camp information, go to www.carrollu.edu. Click on Community, then Carroll Academy. Registration, consent waivers, tutoring and music lesson request forms may be printed and sent via postal mail, fax or scanned e-mail, or dropped off at Kilgour Hall, 234 E. College Ave., Room 115, to complete the registration process.
Summer 2013 brochures are available upon request. Contact the Carroll Academy office, 262.524.7100 or via postal mail to 100 N. East Avenue, Waukesha, WI 53186.
<< Return to view more news releases