Carroll University food drive goal is 35,000 meals
April 1, 2013
WAUKESHA, WIS.— Carroll University welcomes community members to join its nationwide effort to collect 35,000 meals for the hungry by April 13, 2013.
Target Corporation and Feeding America are Carroll’s partners for its third annual National Day of Service food drive. Fourteen businesses in seven Wisconsin cities are official collection sites. In addition, Carroll alumni in several other states are rallying efforts in their own communities to meet this year’s goal.
In its first two years, Carroll’s National Day of Service food drive has raised nearly 60,000 meals.
Feeding America is the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity, providing food to more than 37 million low-income people through a network of more than 200 food banks.
Donations may be dropped off at the Carroll University Campus Center, 101 N. East Ave., Waukesha, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. through Friday, April 12, or Saturday, April 13, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Other area drop-off sites are:
- Au Bon Pain, 210 N. Grand Ave., Waukesha; 7 a.m.-9 p.m. daily.
- The Boldt Company, N21W23340 Ridgeview Parkway, Waukesha; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Carroll University Center for Graduate Studies, 2140 Davidson Road, Waukesha; Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m-11 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Delzer Lithograph, 510 West Ave., Waukesha; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Pat’s Rib Place, 151 E. Sunset Drive,
Waukesha; Tuesday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Friday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.;
Saturday, noon-9 p.m.
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital, 725 American Ave. (west entrance)
Waukesha; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Other Wisconsin collection sites are in Appleton, Germantown, Green Bay, Milwaukee, Racine and Stevens Point.
Nearly 21,000 plastic Target bags were stuffed inside informational brochures and sent to Carroll alumni and friends asking participants to fill the bag with groceries and deliver it to a local Feeding America site or a neighborhood food pantry. Online donations have already started, with just over 3,000 meals donated so far.
For more information on Carroll University’s National Day of Service, go to www.carrollu.edu/alumni/food/
<< Return to view more news releases