WAUKESHA, WIS.— The Carroll Academy is offering educational and enrichment summer classes for students of all ages. An array of classes and camps for youths entering grades K-12 run for eight weeks through Aug. 10, 2012. Adult and multi-age enrichment classes are also offered throughout the summer.
Private music lessons for ages 4 1/2 through adult and tutoring in most subject areas are available for children and adults throughout the summer as well.
Classes are offered in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), art, music, languages, reading, writing and theater. Additionally, several summer athletics camps are offered, sponsored by the Carroll University Athletics Department. Offerings include:
- STEM: science (Young Scientists), technology (Create Your Own Home Page, Computer Illustration and Photoshop, Interactive Computer Game Development, Website Development), engineering (Radio Production and Hosting), math (Chess, Mathbusters, Financial Awareness).
- Arts: Cartooning, Clay/Ceramics, Drawing and Painting, Digital Photography and Recycling/Upcycling.
- Music: private lessons in piano, voice and violin; sight singing and musicianship.
- Languages, Reading and Writing: Young Writers Inspirational Journey, High School Writers, College English Preparation, Reading, Braille, American Sign Language, Mandarin Chinese, French, Spanish and tutoring in many languages.
- Theater: Musical Theater Revue (grades 6-12), “Pinocchio” (grades 3-6), “The Hobbit” (grades 6-12) and Set Making (grades 3-6 and 6-12).
- Athletics: boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls volleyball, baseball, youth football and high school football team camps.
The Academy also offers supervised activities and lunch for children who require early dropoff, lunch and late pickup. For class and camp information, go to www.carrollu.edu. Click on Community tab and the Carroll Academy link. Registration, consent waivers, tutoring and music lesson request forms may be printed and sent by mail, FAX or scanned e-mail to complete the registration process.
Summer 2012 brochures are available upon request. Contact the Carroll Academy, 262.524.7190 or 100 N. East Avenue, Waukesha, WI 53186.