The Bryon's Run for paralysis 5K run, walk and roll is Sunday, October 5. Proceeds benefit the Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation. The event is sponsored and hosted by Carroll University. You can still register for the event online at www.brpf.org.
Here are some facts about paralysis:
* There are nearly 1 in 50 people living with paralysis -- approximately 6 million people.
* Close to 1.5 million suffer from paralysis due to a spinal cord injury.
* The average age for a spinal cord injury is 29.
* Males make up 61 percent of spinal cord injuries.
* Average lifetime cost of a spinal cord injury at 25 years old for a quadriplegic can exceed $4.4 million.