Graduates & Guests Needing Accommodations Related to a Disability
Accommodations Related to a Disability
We are pleased to offer this information about our graduates and guests needing accommodations related to a disability, as our goal is to make everyone's visit to campus as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
- Graduates who have accessibility issues due to a hearing, vision or physical disability must submit an accommodations request form.
- Family members or guests of the graduates who have a need related to a disability are also requested to complete an accommodations request form.
- Please indicate the use of service animals under "other" on the form.
- Please submit the form by Monday, May 4. We may not be able to accommodate last-minute requests.
Click here to submit your request for accommodations online >>
Buildings Equipped with Elevators
- Shattuck Music Center
- Campus Center
- Campus Center-all 3 levels
- Main Hall-lower level-west entrance
- Shattuck Music Center-lower level
- Van Male-inside main entrance (women) or locker room (men). Ask an usher who can assist with directions.
- Voorhees-lower level-west entrance
Accessible Parking (State Handicapped Plates Required)
- Entrance on W. College Avenue between East Avenue and Barstow Street
- 23 spaces (entire lot)
- For the outdoor ceremony, this is a good place to drop off guests (who require assistance but don't have accessible parking privileges) because it's close to the accessible seating area on Main Lawn.
Designated Spots in All Other Campus Parking Lots
Some guests may be concerned that they do not have the strength or endurance to wait in line or walk between venues. We strongly suggest the use of a wheelchair.
- Guests may need the assistance of a member of their party to fully utilize some areas.
- Carroll staff and volunteers are not permitted to physically transfer guests to or from wheelchairs, so we recommend a member of the party be available to help.
- Carroll is unable to provide wheelchairs for guests, but a nearby pharmacy rents wheelchairs at very reasonable rates. Contact ValuCare Pharmacy, 501 S. Grand Ave., at 262-544-6622.
- The accessible entrance to Van Male is the large "garage type" door and doorway to the north of the main entrance.
- Building interior signage and elevators feature Braille.