Can't find a resource you need at the Carroll University Library? Maybe another Wisconsin library has what you need!
To search all U.S. and some International holdings: WorldCat
To access additional state databases: BadgerLink
driving distance of Carroll:
Want to check out books from other local libraries?
If you live in Waukesha (even on campus) you can get a card from the Waukesha Public Library. Please take a look at their policies for more information.
Many research libraries allow patrons to purchase a library card for checking out materials (Carroll does this with our Community Borrower card). Here are a few that make this privilege available:
- UW-Milwaukee: Friends of the Golda Meir Library membership
- $35 for individuals for one calendar year.
- Receive invitations to all Friends and Library-sponsored programs, events, and lectures.
- Borrow up to 30 library books at a time.
- On-site use of Libraries resources.
- Receive the UWM Libraries Newsletter and the Friends of the Golda Meir Library Newsletter.
- Benefit from tax deductions to the extent allowed by law.
- Online application.
- Marquette: WAICU Faculty Access
- Raynor Memorial Libraries allows on-site library access for WAICU member institution current regular faculty(includes Carroll.)
- Their on-site access include both print and electronic resources.
- Upon arrival at the library, faculty will be required to present institution and photo ID. Access Services staff will confirm faculty status and issue the faculty member a guest logon and password that permits access to electronic resources. This access does not include check out privileges. If you are interested in limited borrowing privledges, please contact Marquette about their Annual Visitor Pass.
- Library hours for guests are as follows:
Monday through Thursday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: noon - 5:00pm
Sunday: noon – 10:00pm
- Directions and parking information:
- Questions about WAICU Faculty Access should be directed to Joan Sommer, Head of Access Services at Raynor Memorial Libraries.
- UW-Madison: Courtesy Cards
- $40 for individuals annually (cards are based on the fiscal year and can be renewed starting June 1st each year.)
- Available to private college faculty in the State of Wisconsin (with proof of employment.)
- Two proofs of Wisconsin residency are required, one of them a photo ID.
- Courtesy Cards and Visitor Passes are only issued at the Card Application Window located at the main entrance of Memorial Library. The Card Application Window (608-263-7360)is open:
- Monday-Friday: 8:00am-6:00pm
- Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am-4:00pm
- The Card Application Window only accepts checks and credit cards (no cash.)
- Medical College of Wisconsin: Private User Borrower Card
- $35 for one calendar year.
- Allows patrons access to most circulating items, patrons can check out 5 items at a time.
- In person application at the MCW Libraries.
If you are a current Carroll faculty member, please contact Brittany Larson about assistance accessing these libraries.