The library has iPad2 and iPad3 available to circulate to Carroll students, faculty, and staff. These iPads are reserve items kept at the Circulation Desk, and follow the same rules as other reserve items-
- iPads are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Limit of one iPad per patron with Carroll ID.
- They circulate for 48 hours.
- We also circulate iPad cable & chargers, also for 48 hours.
- Fines are $0.50 for each hour the iPad is overdue.
- You must sign a one-time electronics checkout waiver (e-form) before checking out an iPad. This means that if you damage, lose, or steal the iPad, you are liable for repairs/replacement.
- iPads check out from the Circulation Desk and must be returned to the Circulation Desk.
- DO NOT return an iPad in the book drop.
- You can download apps, pictures, or music using your personal Apple ID & iCloud.
- On the iPad you've checked out, go to the Settings app.
- On the left hand menu, scroll down to Store.
- Touch the Apple ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign out of that Apple ID.
- Now touch the Sign In button.
- If you already have an Apple ID, select Use Existing Apple ID, if you don't, you will need to select Create New Apple ID.
- You can sync the iPad with your computer for downloading music or other things via iTunes.
- Turn on Automatic Downloads in your computer’s iTunes & on the iPad if you want your music & apps to appear on both devices when you are logged into the Apple store under your personal Apple ID.
- Each iPad is completely erased upon return to the library. Use 3rd party software such as iCloud, Dropbox, etc. at your own risk. Always save your data to your Q:\ drive, USB drive or personal computer.
- Use of iCloud and personally downloaded apps that may gather information about you is at your own risk and not covered under campus privacy policies.
- Questions about iPads? Check with a librarian or circulation staff.
Want to know if there are any iPads available?
Check online: iPad 2 & iPad3