Carroll University
Students chatting outside Lowry Hall
Library Catalog
About the Library
  Contact Us
  Hours & Calendar
  Library Currents
Collections Help & FAQ
JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Does the library have video or CD or DVD collections?

Yes! The library offers videos, CD's and DVD's for patron use. Videos, DVD's and CD's all circulate for a period of 7 days. All three collections are growing and exist to support the Carroll University curriculum. Most of our videos and DVD's are housed in the Reading Room under the mezzanine on the main level of the library and the music CD's are housed in the Coffee Shop. However, some CD's with text material can be found in the main collection and the CMC has its own collection of videos, CD's and DVD's. Please note the location of the item you are looking for in the Library Catalog. Additionally, the library subscribes to a database of streaming films: Films on Demand. These films are also included in our catalog.

Where can I learn more about the CMC?

The CMC, or Curriculum Material's Center, is located on the library's main level - just beyond the Information Commons. The purpose of the CMC is to support the curriculum material needs of students preparing for careers in K-12 education. For questions on CMC materials or policies, please ask at the Information Commons desk or view our CMC guide.

How do I access something in the Archives?

The Carroll University Archives are housed on the second floor of the library and all archival items must be used in the Archives with the assistance of the staff. These materials do not circulate. The Archives has a number of online finding aids to help patrons locate items within collections, and many items have been digitized and can be searched through the Digital Collections.

For access to archival materials, contact Sue Riehl at 262-650-4832 or

What about something that's in Special Collections? 

The Carroll University Special Collections can be searched through the Library Catalog. Special Collections items must be used in the Archives with the assistance of the staff. These materials do not circulate.

For access to Special Collections, contact Sue Riehl at 262-650-4832 or

Someone told me that the library has Digital Collections - what does this mean?

The library has an ever growing list of Digital Collections - old or rare material that is now available for anyone to view online. This material comes from archival collections, special collections, the library, or even the campus.

Return to the top of the page

 Copyright © 2017 Carroll University, Waukesha, Wisconsin. All rights reserved. Top of Page