Master of Science in Graphic Communication Program
Carroll University has developed an exciting new graduate program that will allow students to earn a Master of Science degree in Graphic Communication. The program will provide students with integrative learning experiences that focus on academic and professional preparation in graphic communication theory, development and implementation across multi-vehicle design and marketing approaches used in the commercial design environment. Few programs in the country combine graphic design, effective communication practices and advanced business skills, which make the Carroll University MS in Graphic Communication program unique.
Special features of this program will include courses from the Master in Business Administration (MBA) program to augment the degree: Marketing Management (BUS605) and Leading and Managing in a Changing Environment (BUS625). In addition, students will take an international design course (GRC675) providing the opportunity to either travel abroad with a focus on communication and design or produce a large-scale project germane to international design. The other unique requirement is a capstone course (GRC690) that requires students to produce a full-scale, multi-vehicle campaign for a local non-profit organization.
Mission & Program Goals
Carroll University's Graphic Communication Graduate Program will:
- Provide students with an increased knowledge of skill sets and heightened awareness of emergent technologies within the field of graphic communication.
- Create an environment in which to collaborate creatively and competitively.
- Provide students with the most recent technologies so that they may be able to effectively apply the appropriate graphic communication tools and techniques to solve complex design issues.
- Provide students with exposure to various international design perspectives and the opportunity to interact with graphic communication companies abroad.
- Educate students to identify and explore the social connectivity of graphic communication technologies.
- Educate students on the issues surrounding the legal, ethical, and moral aspects of creative works.
Carroll University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.