Master of Science in Exercise Physiology Program Admission Process
Applications and credentials for admission to the Master of Science in Exercise Physiology Program must be submitted for processing to the Carroll University Office of Admission. Applications are reviewed case-by-case on a monthly basis, continuously throughout the year and prior to the start of the fall term (September). Each cohort commences in the fall semester only. As decisions are made on applications, applicants are notified through the Office of Admission. Applicants must be eligible to return in good standing (be free of academic or disciplinary probation) to all institutions previously attended.
Carroll University will review two types of applicants into the M.S. in Exercise Physiology Program:
- Previous degree applicants who have completed their undergraduate degree from Carroll or from another institution.
- Currently enrolled Carroll University undergraduate students seeking a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science who might follow the 3+2 completion plan.
Domestic Applicant Admission Process and Materials
Please note: Unofficial transcripts and GRE are accepted at the time of application. Official credentials are required after acceptance and prior to the start of the program.
International Applicant Admission Process and Materials
All above items for domestic applicants plus:
- An official credit evaluation from WES or ECE if academic work is from outside the US
- English Proficiency – If the applicant’s native language is not English, an official proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS or MELAB) is required and must be sent directly from the testing agency to Carroll University. The Carroll University institution code is 1101.
- The minimum required TOEFL score is: 79 (Internet-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). The institution code for Carroll University is 1101. The minimum required IELTS score is: 6. The minimum MELAB score is: 85.
- Score results must be from a test taken within the last two years.
- Applicants who are citizens of or who have received a bachelor's degree from one of the following countries are exempt from the English proficiency requirement: Australia, Belize, the British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Scotland, the United States, and Wales.
- Completed Statement of Financial Support and Bank Statement
- See cost sheet for the approximate cost of the program. This may change based upon date of enrollment.
M.S. in Exercise Physiology Prerequisites
- Baccalaureate degree or current Carroll student majoring in exercise science and considering 3+2 completion plan
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended
- *Pre-professional minimum GPA of 3.0 with grades of 'C' or better is recommended
- Successful completion of all prerequisite course work (see below)
- Proof of current CPR certification for the professional rescuer (required prior to commencing the program)
M.S. in Exercise Physiology Prerequisite Course Work
- One undergraduate level Anatomy course with lab*
- One undergraduate level Physiology course with lab*
- One undergraduate level Exercise Physiology course*
- One undergraduate level Exercise Testing and Prescription course*
- Course equivalency or related content in exercise testing and exercise programming, strength and conditioning, personal training or wellness coaching. Content may be included in one or multiple courses, laboratories, and/or supervised practicum experience(s).
- One undergraduate level Statistics course
- One undergraduate level Psychology course
*These prerequisite courses must be completed in less than seven years from the time of application and compose the pre-professional GPA.
Applications and credentials for admission must be submitted for processing to:
Office of Admission
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
For more information contact Graduate Admission:
Lori Aliota at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-524-7226