Elementary Mathematics Certificate
Develop Your Expertise in Mathematics to Facilitate Students' Understanding of Mathematics
The Elementary Mathematics Certificate Program is a 15-credit program for the development of Elementary Mathematics specialists. This program follows a professional learning community model, with online learning opportunities to support elementary teachers' engagement and empowerment.
Through this program, you will acquire the habits of mind of a mathematical thinker and use mathematical practices to improve instruction in the elementary classroom. Enhance your content knowledge in Numbers & Operations, Algebraic Thinking, Measurement & Data, and Geometry.
- Classes meet at Carroll University's Center for Graduate Studies
- Courses are specially timed in summer with weekly or weekend delivery options during fall and spring terms
- Accepting applications for summer 2014
The following courses compose the graduate level requirements for the Elementary Mathematics Certificate:
- EDU618: Mathematical Reasoning and Leadership for Elementary Specialists: K-5 Learning Trajectories (3 credits)
- EDU619: Numbers and Operations: K-5 Mathematical Tasks (3 credits)
- EDU627: Algebraic Reasoning: K-5 Discourse and Questioning (3 credits)
- EDU628: Measurement and Data: K-5 Equity and Technology (3 credits)
- EDU629: Geometry and Spatial Reasoning: K-5 Assessment (3 credits)
Contact Carroll University for more information about this Graduate Education Program, our Admissions process, or for any other question you may have.