Carroll University is a community for learning. As individuals, we come to the campus from different homes and cultures. We bring with us our distinctive perspectives, traditions and experiences. Here we become participants in a community dedicated to the pursuit of academic excellence, personal fulfillment and spiritual meaning. Choosing to join such a community obligates each member to consider thoughtfully the values espoused by the larger group. We therefore invite you to contemplate these ideals and strive toward their realization. We ask that you enter into a voluntary compact with the other members of the community which is Carroll University to live and work according to these values.
- I will value the human diversity and dignity of all people and will respect their ideas, opinions and traditions.
- I will practice personal academic integrity.
- I will care for the physical environment of the campus and its neighborhood setting.
- I will support and enhance the development of others.
- I will encourage creativity, artistic expression and excellence in all areas of our lives.
- I will seek to understand my purpose in the world.
- I will dedicate myself to exploration of personal values and the spiritual quest for meaning.
Note: Statement is abbreviated from The Carroll Compact, Carroll University Student Handbook.