Each year in January, Carroll University prepares IRS Form 1098-T for all eligible students. This form contains information that may be used to claim an education tax credit.
Carroll University offers the IRS Form 1098-T online. To sign up for this option, please go to:
- Sign in with your student username and password
- Click on the "Student" tab
- Click on "Billing and Payment"
- Click on "1098-T"
Form 1098-T reports information regarding students enrolled in postsecondary education as mandated by the federal government. This form is also being submitted to the Internal Revenue Service.
For information regarding education tax credits please visit the IRS website at www.irs.gov. You may also wish to consult your tax preparer.
Please note: Amounts paid for books, supplies and equipment are not included in the totals listed in Box 2 or Box 4 of the 1098-T Form.
Specific Information Related to Carroll University
What is an academic term?
Each of the following is considered an academic term at Carroll
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
- Summer (all three sessions make up one term)
What is considered "at least half-time" enrollment?
Carroll considers an undergraduate student who enrolls for at least 6 credits in an academic term to be enrolled "at least half-time."
Carroll considers a graduate student who enrolls for at least 5 credits in an academic term to be enrolled "at least half-time."
How are payments applied to a Carroll student account?
Amounts are credited to a student account in the following manner:
- Financial Aid, in the form of grants and scholarships, is credited to a studentís account first and will be applied in the following order:
- Program fees: (Nursing Program Fee, Physical Therapy Professional Phase Fee, Professional Liability Fee, Applied Music Fee. Course Fee, NCEP Admin Fee, Off Campus Admin Fee, Athletic Training Program Fee, Physician Assistant Program Fee, Exercise Physiology Program Fee, Graphic Communication Program Fee, Software Engineering Program Fee, Occupational Therapy Program Fee, MS Nursing Program Fee, Aviation Science Course Fee, and Study Abroad Fee)
- Other fees: (Comprehensive fee, Activity fee, Completion fee)
- Board fees
- Room fees
- Cash payments (other than student loans) are first applied to fines and incidental charges.
- All remaining cash payments and loan proceeds are applied to any remaining charges in the following order:
- Program fees
- Other fees
- Board fees
- Room fees
This information is provided by the Carroll University Business Office 262-524-7337.